The 2015 MAFC Annual Meeting was held in conjunction with the 2015 Conference on Freight on September 14-16, 2015 at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Representatives from the MAFC and its member states gave a number of presentations at the 2015 Annual Meeting:
- Freight Project Prioritization (Iowa DOT)
- Iowa Statewide Traffic Analysis Model (Iowa DOT)
- Transload Facility Site Analysis (Kansas DOT)
- Michigan Freight Plan (Michigan DOT)
- Modes, Culture, and Collaboration (MAFC)
Iowa DOT Traffic Analysis Model
At the 2015 Annual Meeting, MAFC partner states expressed interest in the Iowa Traffic Analysis Model (iTRAM). Iowa DOT representatives have kindly offered the following documents for other states interested in pursuing similar modeling and analysis for project identification and selection.
- iTRAM Freight Components
- iTRAM RFP Rail and Commodity Flow Component
- VCAP Summary Page
- VCAP Project Prioritization
- Plan Relationships Graphic
This conference includes several special events and meetings specifically for representatives from the ten state DOTs that make up the the Mid-America Freight Coalition.
Invitation-only Events for MAFC Representatives
The MAFC hosted two invitation-only events for state DOT representatives and other key stakeholders.
- MAFC Annual Business Meeting (Monday, September 14, 3:00pm-6:00pm).
- MAFC Annual Dinner (Monday, September 14, 7:30pm-10:00pm).
Other Events and Sessions
The MAFC hosted two breakfast roundtable discussion sessions:
- Tuesday, September 15 (7:30am-9:00am)
- Wednesday, September 16 (7:15am-8:15am)
These sessions included facilitated roundtable discussions on a number of freight-related topics:
- Freight data
- Freight performance management
- Supply chain analysis
- Freight policy development
- Completing freight plans
- Implementing freight corridors
- Freight project prioritization
- Multimodal issues
- Freight funding and programs
- Collaboration across the states
In addition, MAFC researchers will also present at a breakout session (Tuesday, September 15, 3:40pm-4:40pm) on Freight Innovation in the Mid-America Freight Coalition.