NS St. Louis, MO
Norfolk Southern’s (NS) St. Louis Intermodal Terminal (LUT) is one of two intermodal terminals in Missouri. This intermodal terminal is also referred to as Luther Yard.
According to the 2013 National Transportation Atlas Database, the facility is located on the NS St. Louis District Subdivision.
- Hall Street
The St. Louis Intermodal Terminal has TOFC/COFC capabilities. According to Norfolk Southern, the following services originate and terminate at St. Louis.
- Jacksonville, FL: Simpson Yard (EDG)
- Miami, FL: Miami Terminal (MIA)
- Norfolk, VA: Portlock (NFK)
- Norfolk, VA: Norfolk International Terminal (NIT)
- Norfolk, VA: Portsmouth, APMT
- Allentown/Bethlehem, PA (ALB)
- New York Metro: Elizabeth Marine Terminal, NJ (EMT)
- New York Metro: E-Rail (ERL)
- Harrisburg, PA: Harrisburg (HBG)
- Philadelphia, PA: Morrisville Intermodal Terminal (MRV) – Inbound only
- Savannah, GA: Garden City ICTF
In addition to the above locations, the St. Louis (Luther Yard) facility also receives COFC trains from Detroit-Delray.
According to the 2012 Illinois State Rail Plan, this facility had volumes of 81,973 lifts in 2010.
Warehousing and Distribution
The following map shows the locations of traffic generators, automotive distribution, warehouses, and distribution centers in the vicinity of the NS St. Louis facility.