2012 MAFC Annual Meeting
April 18-20, 2012 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
The 2012 MAFC Annual Meeting was held on April 18-20, 2012 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
About this Conference
The MAFC Annual Meeting brings together the representatives of the ten states of the MAFC as well as MPOs, university freight researchers, and transportation professionals from public sector agencies and private companies to discuss freight-related issues important to the ten member states, the MAFC region, and the United States as a whole.
- Conference feed on Twitter (#mafc2012)
- Conference photo set
- Conference Flyer
- Conference Program
- Freight Advisory Committee Q&A
- Top Oversize/Overweight Issues
- Conference Evaluation
- Welcome and Introduction (Perry)
- Perspective on Transportation (Sorel)
- Key Supply Chain Trends (Murphy)
- MAFC Regional Freight Study Update (Perry)
- A Plan for Indiana’s Logistics Future (Holt)
- We Are All Border States (Loken)
- Using Cost-Benefit Analysis to Document Freight Project Benefits (Adams & Marach)
- Knowledge Management (Wittwer)
- Top 5 Best Practices for OSOW (Lynch)
- Implementing Freight Research (Adams)
- The Status of Freight (Smith)
- MAFC Modal Issues: Road (Latham)
- MAFC Modal Issues: Air Cargo (Janowiak)
- MAFC Modal Issues: Rail (Maddox)
- MAFC Modal Issues: Multimodal (Roy)
- Mid-America Freight Coalition Pooled Fund (Kamin)
Some speakers showed YouTube videos during the course of their presentations.
- What’s Your Goal? (Sorel)
- Titan by Mack (Latham)
- Charter Street Heating Plant Boiler Delivery (Latham)
The 2012 MAFC Annual Meeting is sponsored by the National Center for Freight and Infrastructure Research and Education (CFIRE), the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), the Center for Transportation Studies (CTS), CDM Smith, and the ten states of the Mid-America Freight Coalition (MAFC).